Happy Kids International Kinergarten and Nursery aims to synthesize the best practices from a range of educational systems, balanced by its own unique multicultural experience to create a day care and learning environment of excellence for children in the age range 18 months – 7 years. To create this environment our aims include the following:
- Our youngest students follow the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) until the end of Reception (4-5 years).
- Our students also start an inquiry-based curriculum with an international approach from the age of 3 which is being continually developed and improved in harmony with the cultural beliefs of the host country and multinational community.
- To develop motivated well rounded and culturally rich students.
- To focus individual care and attention on the stage of readiness of each child so that they can achieve personal success by learning through play.
- To create an environment where qualified, experienced staff can develop themselves and continuously give their best performance in the classroom.
- To encourage parent participation in the life of the kindergarten.
Our kindergarten philosophy and curriculum reflect, recognise and value the culture of our host country and our multicultural community. International education serves international understanding and cooperation providing strategies for meeting each child’s individual needs through play. We must help children to appreciate each other’s individuality, while developing their ability to work and play together. We strongly believe that teachers and parents are partners in their child’s education.
- Develop in children the knowledge, skills, attitudes and concepts in key learning areas.
- Provide learning experiences that are appropriate to a child’s age, learning readiness, stage of development and level of maturity.
- Foster a warm, caring and safe learning environment that stimulates curiosity, fairness and respect for others.
- Develop each child’s ability to effectively communicate in the language of instruction (English) while respecting the importance of the child’s home language.
- Involve, inform and instruct parents in all aspects of their child’s education.
- Develop more awareness about our environment and our impact on it, work together on reducing our carbon footprint in Happy Kids by switching off lights and appliances when not in use, closing running taps, collecting waste separately and by recycling materials.
- Develop in children a sense and responsibility of caring for the less fortunate or elderly people.