News, Current Events
First Day of New School YearThe first day is 31th August for former Happy Kids children and 1st September - for new Happy Kids Children.
Happy Kids 2016 Summer CampWe had an amazing Summer Camp with our Happy Kids! Check our Facebook page for pictures.
Summer Vacation (25th July - 30th August)Happy Kids is closed for the summer - carrying out renovation to the building and look forward to seeing you back soon!
“When my husband and I were looking for a kindergarten for our children, we wanted their first experience to be in a loving, caring and homely environment, where they receive professional care and feel safe. We found all these qualities at Happy Kids, where the English language environment was an extra gift for us! Now our children can speak two languages, they are happy and self confident! Thank you Suzy and Peter!”Judit Polgár Olympic Chess Champion
+ read more
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
H-1124 Budapest, Fodor u. 36.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
(+36 1) 356 2440
(+36 30) 948 4436
Happy Kids International Kindergarten and Nursery aims to synthesize the best practices from a range of national educational systems, balanced by its own unique multicultural experience to create a day care and learning environment of excellence for children in the age range 1,5–7 years. To create this environment our aims include the following:
- To deliver a well balanced international curriculum which is being continually developed and improved in harmony with the cultural beliefs of the host country and multinational community
- To develop motivated well rounded and culturally rich students
- To focus individual care and attention to the stage of readiness of each child so that they can achieve personal success by learning through play
- To create an environment where qualified experienced staff can develop themselves and continously give their best performance in the classroom
- To encourage parent participation in the life of the kindergarten.
- Develop in children the knowledge skills attitudes and concepts in key learning areas.
- Provide learning experiences that are appropriate to a child’s age, learning readiness, stage of development and level of maturity.
- Foster a warm, caring and safe learning environment that stimulates curiosity fairness and respect for others.
- Develop each child’s ability to effectively communicate in the language of instruction (English) while respecting the importance of the child’s home language. Involve inform and instruct parents in all aspects of their child’s education.
Our kindergarten philosophy and curriculum reflects, recognises and values the culture of our host country and our multicultural community. International education should serve international understanding and cooperation providing strategies for meeting each child's individual needs through play. We must help children to appreciate each child's individuality, while developing their ability to work and play together. We strongly believe that teachers and parents are partners in their child's education.
Happy Kids' Curriculum is an internationally based curriculum which places great emphasis on the understanding of concepts and development of attitudes as well as acquisition of knowledge and skills. Underlying are the beliefs that effective learning is an active, cross-disciplinary, inquiry-based process. It is the sum of all the experiences: learning skills, developing concepts, establishing attitudes children encounter in the pre-school. It is a curriculum that uses the power of play to foster children’s development accomplished by means of a balanced, play-centered program in which teachers take an active role in balancing spontaneous play, guided play and directed play. Our Curriculum is developmentally appropriate for young children. It is planned to be appropriate for the age span of the children within the group and is implemented with attention to the different needs, interests and developmental levels of those individual children. Each child is a unique person with an individual personality, learning style and family background. Both the curriculum and adults’ interactions with children should be responsive to individual differences.
Partner LinksSOS Children's Village
Emi's Children's Programs
Dance Craze Academy
Integrated Defense Systems
Health Guard Hungary
Hospital in the Rock
Marriott Hotel Budapest
Premier Minibus Service
Hairlab by Veronika Fabian
Hotels in Budapest
Expatriates Services Trust
At Home Budapest